Sunday, April 11, 2010

Transform Me=Awesome!!


Readers, prepare yourself for a big shocker. I am watching VH1 reality shows this morning. Stop judging me and turn your tv to VH1. You will thank me later.

Currently, VH1 has a show called Transform Me!. The basis of this show is that 3 Transgender women help a woman who is struggling with self esteem and fashion. They come to here home, riffle through her closet and make up drawer, and talk to her about her current lot in life. The idea is that the transformers know what it is like to feel like they are not able to be a beautiful woman. Because of the journey they took to become a woman, they are now qualified to help these fashion challenged women find higher self esteem and clothes that actually look like they are from 2010.

I was a bit skeptical of this show, but five minutes in, I was sold! Think Queer Eye for the Straight Guy meets the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Basically, it equals AWESOME!!

The transformers travel around in an ambulance and say some hilarious things. For example, upon searching through a transformees make up drawer they found only a tub of Vaseline. This upset them, and when they confronted the fashion patient this was said, "Petroleum Jelly does not count as a make up item." I died for that comment. Thank god they told us. How many people have been going around thinking that vasline would be the best thing before a Friday night on the town? They get better...

They took their transformee on a shopping spree and began to explain the joys of accessories. BTW--I learned a lot from this segment. I may or may not have been taking notes. It was not until one of the transformers began to talk about the power of the clutch that I realized the gold mine I had come across. Apparently, the fashion victim was not holding her clutch correctly, nor strutting with said clutch right. They showed her a couple of ways to work the clutch and then said this gem, "The clutch is the slave and it will serve you." Get it gurl!!!! Thank goodness I was watching. I had no idea that a clutch could serve me. You think it could brew my coffee in the morning too?

Finally, to help their charge find her inner strength they took her to a Country Western bar to ride a mechanical bull (which they called a buffalo for the remainder of the show). This is where two of my favorite lines were said. First their fashion victim mounted the bull, and I must say, she was pretty good. One of the transformers felt the ride on the bull was a metaphor for her transformation. "When she jumped up on that buffalo, she told me 'I'm ready. I want to go through life being fierce.'" I love that a ride on a mechanical bull said all of that. Maybe some of our governmental officials need to ride a mechanical bull to get some answers to the many problems we have going on...furthermore, maybe the Transform Me ladies should head up to Washington and spend a week or so there.

Perhaps the best line was when the transformers took to the bull riding. One was wearing a skirt and tried to jump up on the bull. Immediately, VH1 put up a sensory bar and then they cut to a confessional shot. "I'm not one to wear underwears but if I decide to ride a buffalo I think that would be a smart choice." Thank you VH1...thank you.

By the end of the episode, the fashion victim was a victim no longer. Not only did she look beautiful, but she seemed to have a lot more confidence. Like most makeover shows, there were some tears of joy at the end, but I didn't mind it so much.

Overall, this show is entertaining and a little heart warming. I am tempted to have someone take pictures of me before and after school, and then send them to VH1. I go for comfort when teaching. Therefore, I look pretty tragic, and I am more than certain I could qualify as a fashion victim. I have a feeling those 3 ladies and I would have a great time together.

Set your DVRs and start watching this show. I have to run and watch the latest episode of 16 and Pregnant.

Taubel--OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment