*It is way past my bed time. Please forgive my rants and overall ridiculousness. I need sleep.
I am like many young adults who decide to take part in the season of Lent, for no other reason than to brag about what frivolous things we have decided to rid ourselves of. This year, I decided to give up making bad decisions. I can see all of you pondering this statement, and wondering to yourself, "What does she mean, bad decisions?"
I am glad you asked. Actually, not all that happy you asked. Your question forces me to explain myself. I would rather hide behind the mystery then have you guys know my true struggles. BAM! I know, I am soooooo deep. It's what we bloggers do...we get deep and ponder life's issues. It's a blessing and a curse. If you doubt me see my first post, then reference post 2, then see 2 posts before this one--they prove my point. I am like that episode of Saved By the Bell when Zack gave the Valedictorian speech that Jesse started to give but then told Screech to give, who then gave the mic over to Zack. Yup, I just speak what's in the heart. (That my friends is what we call a diversion. This is a tactic I use to get you to forget the original question you had so I don't have to answer it. I am good.)
Back to my Lent goal--I am happy to report, I made it forty days without making a poor life decision. I realize that this all depends on what you define as a bad life decisions. And to that I say, you don't make my rules. By my standards, I did pretty good.
What are my standards? I am glad you ask--again, not really. (See above as to why). I wasn't sure about my standards at first, but then I realized all my answers could be solved by looking to that blond bombshell--Zack Morris. (again, see previous reference to Mr. Morris)
After much research I have decided that, according to Saved by the Bell, bad Life Decisions Are:
Bad decision #1: Getting in a bar fight. I watched that episode when Zack and Slater got in a fight and I realized it wasn't worth it. (*NOTE this reference comes from the Tori years, and I was not a fan of these episodes.) After watching the video link below, I decided that fighting is NEVER the answer, and I can honestly say, I did not get a fist fight during Lent. Actually, I have NEVER been in a fist fight. So 2 pts for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO73-WlOHhM
Bad decision #2: Flashing a camera that turns out to be Girls Gone Wild. There was this one episode of SBTB when Lisa was going out with Jesse's new step brother. They were driving around the parking lot of Bayside and Lisa took the wheel. In a ill-fated attempt to get Jesse's step bro in trouble, Zack, Slater, and Screech tried to snap a picture of the step bro driving the car. Bad news Bayside Tigers, Lisa was driving the car, and the flash startled her and she crashed the car. Whose car was this you ask? None other than Mr. Belding's. DRAMA!!! After that episode, I have decided to avoid cameras. So good news readers, I managed to avoid all cameras during Lent. This means there was no chance that I would flash a camera. Actually, I have never flashed a camera and have no desire to do so. Another deuce for me!
Bad decision #3: Having a really bad drug habit that ruins your family and financial standing. (Another Saved By the Bell reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO73-WlOHhM ) THERE'S NO HOPE WITH DOPE!! Zack and the gang taught me that drugs and Johnny Dakota are bad!! I bet you know how I did with this one! Yup, I DIDN'T develop a drug addiction. And again, I have never had a drug habit. I attribute this to Zack Morris and my inability to do things that would result in jail time. Another 2 pts for me and Bayside.
My assessment of this year's Lent goal is that I am REALLY good at this. Basically, I have been living in Lent season for the past 25 years. I feel really good about myself! I have successfully avoided trashy hair pulling fights, public nudity, and drugs.
Some say I am a normal, functioning adult, but I think there is an unsung hero in all of this. His name:Zack Morris. His game:making Lent easy on all of us. I think you should all go out and buy Saved by the Bell on DVD and let the gang show you how to live life. Seriously, think of a life problem you have. Then pop on an episode of SBTB. I am more than certain you will find a way to solve or forget about that problem. Yes, I said it and I stand by it.
And there you go! I not only make you laugh but I give you some good life advice. Your welcome! (Insert virtual group high five and freeze frame. Cue theme song)
Taubel--OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment