Friday, September 4, 2009

I'm Just a Little Bossy....

It has been a full week since I updated, and I am sorry. I promised you all a blog that would provide you daily entertainment, and I have not kept my promise. I will work hard to ensure that I do not make this mistake again. Okay with you? Wow, I feel really good about that talk. I think we really made a break through here. We understand where each is coming from, and we are moving forward.

On to today's story. I made another mistake this week, and it was questioning Kelly Clarkson's talents and over all bossy-ness. A good friend of mine "checked" me on it, and I am here to discuss 4 main reasons why Kelly Clarkson is the bomb.com/awesome sponsored by YOU KNOW THIS!

1. The First and the Best--We all know I love American Idol. It is no secret that I watch the show and pretend it is me on stage...wait I haven't said that before. Damn it! Well Kelly was the first American Idol. I remember sitting in my Freshman dorm room watching Ryan Seacrest and that other host announce that Kelly had beat that Justin guy. BTW who was that kid? He looked B U S T E D and he sang like a girl. I remember Kelly belting out "A Moment Like This," and thinking, "Man, I should get some sweet blond skunk highlights like her!" It was the early 2000s people, it was all the rage! Back to my point, without Kelly Clarkson we would not have Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, and Danny Gokey!!! (Yes, I put him in their league...bite me if you don't agree!). I think we should all take a moment here to thank Kelly for giving us the best guilty pleasure in life...Tuesday & Wednesday nights with Ryan Seacrest, wasted ass Paula, Simon and Randy. She is the reason the show kept going!

2. Angry Girl Songs- Kelly is the queen of the bitter, angry girl songs. We all know them, love them, and belt them out when we are alone in our rooms. I sometimes sing "Behind These Hazel Eyes," in my mirror, pretending that I am in a music video...of course Justin Timberlake is my leading man and it ends in us making out. Too much information? Without "Miss Independent," "Behind These Hazel Eyes," "Since U Been Gone," "Never Again," "Walk Away," and "My Life Would Suck Without You," girls and boys (I know some of you men out there heart you some Kelly) would have nothing to jam to. Furthermore, we would have no song to say, "OMG that song it so my life!" That's right people, Kelly knows our hearts and she tells us how we should deal! To that, I thank you Kelly Clarkson.

3.She Hates Her Some Skinny Hollywood Talk--Kelly has done several interviews where she talks about her disdain for the Hollywood image of women. Kelly is by no means fat or big, but has been the subject of many weight gain articles in tabloids. Ms. Clarkson always laughs off these articles and reminds fans and haters (yeah I said it) that she is fine with her body. It is refreshing to see someone who is comfortable with how they look and cares not what the budget ass writers at US Weekly have to say. BTW the thought that Kelly Clarkson is over weight is laughable to me. Kelly looks good!

4.Bossy Loves Her--This may be the most important point. Kelly has some dedicated fans who love her no matter what. Whether she is playing in Madison Square Garden or The Minnesota State Fair, Kelly's fans are there. I remember a year or two ago when people thought that Kelly's fire had dwindled, but her loyal bossy fans knew she would be back. They knew that Kelly was fierce and she would return with something that would blow us all away. Enter, "My Life Would Suck Without You." This song jumped straight to No. 1 and marked the return of Kelly Clarkson. Her true fans know that she will be around for a long time and she will be rockin the angry girl ballad for years to come. I can see her 20 years from now: singing on the finale of season 29 of American Idol, with a bouffont and a song about middle aged women who have been wronged by a crusty old man. GOD I LOVE KELLY!!!!!!!

I hope we can all agree that Kelly Clarkson is fierce, bossy, and AWESOME. To my bossy friend that I offended--I am sorry and I hope this entry helps heal the wound I opened with my harsh, unfounded claims about Ms. Clarkson.

Taubel--OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment