Sunday, August 30, 2009

Why Can't My Life Be a Musical?

This was the lead story on Perez Hilton today: (Please watch video and then finish reading this post).

http://perezhilton.com/2009-08-30-mexico-goes-for-the-thriller-dance-gold

After watching these fools kill the Thriller dance--RIP Michael, I started thinking about my life and how boring it has been lately. Then it hit me! What if my life was a musical? How kick ass would that be? Think about it....

You are having a bad day and you are stuck in traffic. Frustrated, you bang your hands on the steering wheel and that's when the orchestra starts. You begin your solo about your hard day, and as the beat picks up, the other drivers join in on your song. Pretty soon the entire freeway has busted out in a choreographed dance complete with spirit fingers and box steps. The group song ends with the breathless ensemble's hands in the air and you front and center. Pause for audience applause...
Logically, everyone finds a reason to get back in their car and traffic magically breaks. How much fun would that be?

I started to think about what the title of my musical would be. I played around with several ideas: One City, One Dream--that seemed a bit dramatic, The Most Awesome Girl In America--that seemed like a title I would have come up with in 3rd Grade, Just Livin the Dream--I figured I would have to have Matthew McConaughey in the musical to justify that title, and I just don't think he would be a realistic leading man (because life as a musical is completely normal). I think for now I am using, Just For Laughs, but I am open to suggestions.

In my musical there will be a dance off on the CTA and a duet between me and my leading man, who is still to be determined. I will be holding auditions soon, and I am sure you all know who I hope to have show up. The dance off will be between the aforementioned leading man and the other gentleman callers who are in love with me. They will have a dance to the death for my love. I am thinking a Bob Fosse-esque like routine. Of course my piano man will win and we will immediately engage in a song about our passionate love. Yes, I have put a lot of thought into this.

This might be the best idea I have had in a long time--I'd even venture to say ever. If you would like to be apart of the musical, let me know your character name and conflict. I will write you in and give you the Libretto as soon as it is ready. For you non-musical people out there, the libretto is music book.

Ok I got to go and get a rehearsal schedule together. I am thinking we will need some serious dance work and character development. Look out for my Tony Award Winning Musical that will hit the streets of Chicago soon!

Taubel--OUT!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete