I am in my new apartment and have yet to get the cable that is included in my rent. Therefore, I have relied heavily on my itunes and my dvd collection. I have already gone through Seasons 1 &3 of Dawson's Creek, Step Up, and Step Up 2--Hitting the Streets. Please hold off on judging.
Last night I realized that I had nothing left. No more Dawson, Joey, & Pacey love triangle. No more Flo-Rida inspired group dance. Nothing. Logically, I hopped on youtube and began surfing, and came across a gem. Saved By the Bell the Costume Ball episode where Zack and Kelly break up because of that two timing (but very good looking) Jeff. As many of you know, I am a huge SBTB fan!! As I watched a teary eyed Kelly tell Zack that she had been a two bit hussy and kissed her boss, I heard the sweet lyrics of one Michael Bolton. Of course Jessie and Slater were singing his jam, "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You," and by singing I mean mouthing the words while dressed as Mark Anthony and Cleopatra. Those crazy kids!
Well that song got the wheels turning...I realize that my Michael Bolton collection was lacking. I mean the man rocked the jerri curled mullet better than Kenny G, or any man in the late 80s early 90s for that matter. Let's review: Time, Love and Tenderness, How Can We be Lovers?, Said I Loved You But I Lied, and, my personal favorite, Steel Bars. The man was a genius when it came to the power ballad of LOVE!
So I spent the next hour and half downloading and listening to Mr. Bolton. It wasn't until I started snapping and swirling my hands (yes I was checking myself out in the mirror), that I realized there was something seriously wrong with this situation. I did some math and it seems that it has almost been 20 years since this man had a hit on the charts. Here I was on a Tuesday night rockin out to a singer who is only famous now because he was dumped my a Desperate Housewife.
Now some of you may be saying to yourself, "Becca, it's not that bad...at least you didn't download the actual episode of SBTB that sent you on this Michael Bolton spending spree." And to that I say, what would be so bad if I did? Because guess what, I DID!!! Yeah, I downloaded some sweet episodes of SBTB. And yes, I have all 5 seasons on DVD so that download was unnecessary. But to all you haters out there, haven't you ever done something that was a bit unnecessary or foolish? That's what I thought...so you can take that attitude and turn on TBS tomorrow morning and remind yourself why Zack Morris and Mr. Belding were the greatest things to happen to Saturday morning TV and my life. (too much?)
All this is to say, that iTunes is a very very bad thing to have when you don't have cable or plans on a Wednesday night. Actually, iTunes is probably a bad thing to have in general, because now I am going to spend the next 2 hours searching for songs on the Can't Buy Me Love soundtrack. My life is so awesome!
Taubel--OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment