Monday, March 1, 2010

OMG I am a Tool!

Ok if MTV comes out with a Tool Academy 4, I should be a cast member. Pause--we know MTV will come out with the 4th season of this ass stain (yet entertaining) show because it is the Music Television show, so they have shows that have nothing to do with music but giant d-bags. SOLID!

I just re-read my first couple of posts on this beautiful blog, and WTF what was I thinking? Was I trying to be the next guest on Oprah's deep thinkers episode?

Ok now that all of you are back after clicking through the archives to read the first couple of posts, I will continue my rant. (I mean they were a bit over the top, right?)

Really Becca? Really? I feel like I must have been listening to that Flash Dance song "What a Feelin'" and channeling my best Dawson's Creek over think. I used the word "passion" far too often and I believe I quoted a RENT song. NOTE--not embarrassed that I listen to RENT, you should be embarrassed if you don't listen to it. However, I think centering a blog post on it was a bit overkill. It sounded like I was giving the graduation speech at Bayside High. Pause to give Mr. Belding a tissue and let him squeal, "What is going on here?"

For the love of all things sacred and holy I called myself a "coffee shop freak." Was I wearing all black, with tented glasses and a beret? NO! I wasn't. I was probably in loafers, a polo, and a pearl necklace. You tell me where the coffee shop freak is there.

Not only did I do that, but I went into a rant about my lot in life and figuring out what I am "passionate" about (yes used another tense of passion--2pts). While I realize we all ponder what we should be doing, we don't post it on a blog.

Now I realize not all of you dedicated followers were with me at the beginning, but someone should have checked me. You may be asking, "Becca, how could we do that? We didn't want to hurt your feelings." While I applaud you for being sensitive to my insecurities about the future, I have a problem with your inability to realize when I need to be drop kicked in the face. I am not Dawson Leary (yes, I realize this is my 2nd Dawson's Creek reference--deal with it), and you all should have reminded me of that.

Ok, I realize that was a bit harsh. I am projecting my anger on you guys. I am sorry team. I didn't mean it.

I have come to two conclusions after re-reading these posts:

1. I need to update/delete some songs on my iTunes. I am far too tempted to listen to a sappy 80s power balled while blogging. As seen by the 1st and 2nd posts, these songs only lead to absurd rants about "passion" and finding the meaning of life.

2.I need to stick to my strengths--awkwardness and comedy. Therefore, for the next month I am going to try to put myself in some of the most awkward situations possible so I can blog about the hilarity of my life.

Ok, I feel a lot better now that we have discussed my blogging regrets. I am off to listen to my "Find Your Passion" play list on my iPod. Wait, damn it!

Taubel--OUT!

*I apologize for any grammatical and/or spelling errors. I was so upset with myself that I just had to go. (insert deep breath here).

No comments:

Post a Comment