I recently joined Twitter, and let me just say it here and now, I LOVE IT! However, Twitter has brought about a few issues in my life. I can no longer carry on a normal conversation without bringing up Twitter...sometimes it's just to talk about how cool it is, and then, sadly, there are other times when I try to solve someone's life issue by telling them something I read on Twitter. American Idol, Twitter...what's next.
A few vocabulary words before we get started:
Twitter-the social networking system that has stolen my life
tweets-the way we communicate on Twitter
following-this means that you have taken interest in someone and you can see updates on their profile.
Danny Gokey-The man I will marry
Matt Giraud-The man I will get scandalous with on his piano
Justin Timberlake-The man, the myth, the legend. I wish he were my boo.
So here is why Twitter has become an obsession--I now feel as though myself and Danny Gokey, Matt Giraud and Justin Timberlake are best friends. Yes two of them are American Idols. I know, I know I have to get over that show, but I digress. They (Danny, Matt and Justin) send me text updates about their days and what they are doing, and I can respond to them at a moments notice. Twitter tells me when the last time they tweeted. Twitter tells me what other women are tweeting them. Twitter also tells me who they are tweeting. Twitter has managed to make me feel as though I am in a dis-functional relationship with three men.
Seriously, I find myself getting jealous when one of them is tweeting with another woman. Or I will get upset when they haven't updated me on their schedule...like, in order for this to work you have to tell me what you are up to.
Now you may be asking yourself a couple of questions:
1. Becca, do you honestly think that by simply "following" these three men that you are one step closer to being the woman of their dreams?
My answer: Yes, and if you don't believe me sign on to Twitter and see. Start following someone that you have a slight crush on and then come back and give me your judgments. Until then, keep them to yourselves or I will be forced to open fist punch you.
2.Becca, you know they aren't talking directly to you, but to the tens of thousands of people following them?
My answer: You bite your tongue when you talk that nonsense. Yes, there are a lot of tweeters out there following these men because they are musical geniuses. However, I am more than certain they have seen that my Twitter account is awesome. And I am a little offended by your judgments. I refer to my last sentence in question 1.
3. Becca, you also realize that you are completely absurd and should seek professional help?
My answer: Again, I will open fist punch you if you come at me like that again. You don't even know...you don't even know! (Imagine me saying this while waving my hands in the air like a crazy person).
I am sure there are other concerns that you have, but we can't solve everything here on this blog. (though I am sure you thought we could because I am that awesome). In closing, I am not sure how things are going to go with me and my three boyfriends, but I will keep you updated. Things are new right now, and I don't want to get too serious. There are a lot of tweeters out there to follow so I am taking it slow with them.
Taubel--OUT!!
aka Mrs. Timberlake, Gokey, Giraud!
No comments:
Post a Comment