So last week we were pretty spot on with who would take the bottom three and ultimately go home. Megan Joy deserved to get the boot...she sang poorly and chose the wrong songs. (I mean let's be honest no one can recreate a Bob Marley song...he is a one and only.)
Here are our thoughts from this week. Again, don't read if you are afraid of hurting someone's feelings....
The (Actually) Gay Simon:
i had no time for the little baby picture crap and not too much for any judge comments, i have decided this week to compare the current roster to idols past, with that said here is what i thought:
danny - first time i wasnt like blown away, it was, as randy says, "just alright dog" I think danny reminds me most of Melinda Doolittle (season 6), where he is totally a solid performer, a true professional but not that crazy spectacular make you vote kinda way like Jordin Sparks was. also danny a fellow 1980'er, that is hot.
Kris - i love love love don henley, and he fucked with a henley classic, uncool, BUT i actually still really liked him, i randy was right when he told him you dont have to change it to make it your own. i think this guy has the potential to be an Elliott Yamin (season 5), where he just puts up steady performances and then at the end you realize he is a really good artist, who may have a future.
lil rounds -- okay the thing is lil supposedly can sing, but never sings well on the show, and always picks the most janky songs.. but she clearly has a strong fan base, much like Jasmine Trias (season 3) and Sanjaya Malakar (season 6)... she just doesnt seem young or hip...
Annop -- wow, beautiful, i wish he would stop trying to be usher and bobbie brown and just stick with Brian McKinght/babyface smooth voice stuff, way hotter... his up or down performances remind me of chris richardson (season 6)... i think he might be in trouble, not sure if his fan base is big enough, but hopefully chapel hill will get on the phones now that basketball season is over...
Scott, aka the blind guy -- okay he is actually bad at singing and he looks weird and i realized that being blind can be a real handicap because you cannot ever look at yourself in the mirror to what you look like singing, that is a problem when you look like a crazy rapist when you sing... seriously why can't the judges just say, hi you are terrible and cut him... seriously he is bad... like whoa bad, like scott savol (season 4) bad.
Allison -- like whoa, this girl looks like a 35 year old cocktail waitress from vegas, cant we get her some hair and make-up help... she can sing and i think she is the daughtry/aiken/j-hud (seasons 6/2/3 respectively) have a bigger career than the winner candidate for this season, because she is gonna get voted off soon as america doesnt like her, but she will get the judges save when that happens...
Matt -- i dont get it, i think he is just okay, but people seem to love him, whatever...i compare him to blake lewis (season 6) he will go far, not far enough and never be heard form again...
Adam -- i hate him, i am glad my DVR didnt record him, he is a tool. and apparently used to have BO issues... i am sure he will win, and i am sure just like when Taylor Hicks (season 5) won, all those fans wont translate into album sales. Similarly, the uniqueness that made Fantasia (season 3) stand out didnt turn her into anything but a lifetime movie... lambert is pure theatre and AI is theatrical so it works, but he will not be a big star, big stars have sex appeal, and well he does not...
my bottom 3:lilblind guy and adam
the actual bottom 3:allisonblind guyanoop
i think blind guy gets sent back to safety and anoop gets sent home, no judges save, although they will think long and hard about it...
The Sober Paula:
So I was busy watching the touring show of RENT in Chicago, and therefore, had to miss Idol.
However I will give my opinions anyway...Simon-you shut your face when you talk about my Matty-cakes like that. He is a talented musician that makes my heart skip a beat.
I hate Adam Lambert! And I think Anoop or the blind guy need to go.
Simon-I'm impressed with your extensive knowledge of idols past
Taubel/Paula--OUT!
Bossy aka The White Randy- ***PLEASE NOTE--THESE PREDICTIONS ARE FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT EASILY OFFENDED. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK****
Danny: O.k. yes, he is a good singer but he isn't somebody I'm going to JO to on a Saturday night while I'm watching him on stage. He has no star quality. He needs to stick to his church singing so he can make those nuns moist.
Kris: Not his best performance but it doesn't mean I still wouldn't bend over for him. He is such a dream boat. I'm still listening to his last two weeks performances on my Ipod. Yes, I'm not afraid to admit that.......in fact, I join you to do the same.
Lil Round: I voted for her this week just for the old pictures of her when she was younger. She was ROCKIN' that damn side pony tail. I used to fix my sisters hair sometimes and tried to make that shit work. Those damn bumps are hard to get out when you rock it out on the side. Oh yea, and whomever is telling her to sing these songs from week to week need to be shot. WTF.
Anoop: Doesn't he remind you of that guy who just left "House" to work for the Obama Administration? For that reason alone, I will not vote for him. How bustarded are you to leave a high paying job to work for the fuckin' government?
Scott: If he doesn't get voted off this week, someone needs to buy him a pair of very dark sunglasses.......Stevie Wonder style. He freaks me the fuck out; I feel like sometimes he isn't looking at anything and at other times, I feel like he is reading my dirty thoughts about Kris Allen.
Allison: Her parents kind of made her look janky. Other than that, I loved her. I love her voice and I loved her performance except that 3/4 skirt that apparently Scott sewed for her.
Matt: I think he would ravish me in bed. He seems really dirty and I like it. Afterwards, he would sing "Sexual Healing" to me........probably 'cause he tore my man-gina up. I didn't like the song he sang but oh well.......I'm waiting Matty.
Adam: Could it be anymore obvious that Idol wants him to win? I do like him because he is a big ol' bossy (aka homo) but I do not like him in any other aspect. He is so cocky. After Simon gave him the standing ovation, he was like, "Yea I know." I'm over him. I hope the fumes from his fingernail polish affects his vocal cords and he can never sing again.
Bottom Three:ScottAnoopLil Round
Voted Off:Scott
And there you have it....
No comments:
Post a Comment